- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 drops of certified pure therapeutic grade essential lemon oil
- 1 lemon zested
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs & vanilla, stir in flour and baking powder. Cover and chill for a minimum of one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roll dough approximately 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut your shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon essential oils and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and spread glaze over the top with a brush. Sprinkle with clear sprinkles if desired.