- 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14.5 ounces of chicken broth
- 4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles (I used mild and only used half of the can)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can of white corn, drained
- 2 -15.5 ounce cans of white beans, drained (I used one can of Cannellini and one can of Navy)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Better Than Bullion chicken base
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 lime
- Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot and season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Add the chicken broth, green chiles, onion, white corn and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- An hour before serving: sin a saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour and cook on medium heat allowing the mixture to brown a bit. Slowly add milk and chicken base and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce into the crock pot, add the sour cream, and mix to combine. If the chicken is still whole, shred using two forks.
- Allow the chili to cook for another hour.
- Garnish chili with a dollop of sour cream, a pinch of chopped cilantro and green onions and a dash of fresh lime juice.