What you will need:
-24 burlap bags. These can be purchased online or sewn at home. Size is of no importance unless you plan on packing the bags with larger objects such as ornaments. Keep in mind that you will be hanging them and if you plan on doing so above your fireplace or other small area, you may want to keep them on the smaller size.
-Red and Green fabric paint.
-Number stencils 0-9
-Two stencil brushes
-Twine or rope to hang your bags from.
-Clothespins to hang your bags with.
1. Lay your number stencil on top of your burlap bag.
2. Using your stencil brush, apply a small amount of paint to the inside of the stencil until you have achieved the desired amount of coverage.
*Take note that the paint will probably soak through the bag and onto the other side. If this is bothersome to you, you may want to put a plastic bag inside to prevent the paint from soaking through.
3. As you paint your bags, alternate between the red and green paint.
4. Paint your bags 1-24.
5. Allow your bags at least a few hours to dry before hanging.
6. When hanging your bags, begin with the number 24, counting backwards. Don't forget to remove each bag after it has been opened to allow your children to see how many days are left until Christmas!