After hearing not so great reviews for this recipe, I was not expecting good results, but I have to say that I LOVE THIS! The clothes smell great and are the softest I have ever felt them.
Recipe for the liquid fabric softener:
What you will need:
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups hair conditioner (I used Suave because it was the cheapest)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- measuring cup
- empty container
- large bucket
- Whisk water, hair conditioner, and vinegar in a large bucket until smooth.
- Funnel the mixture into your empty container.
- Done! :)
Here are the steps that I took:
- Cold water wash setting
- Used 1/2 cup of homemade liquid laundry detergent. Recipe can be found here: Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe
- Filled a Downy Ball with the liquid fabric softener to the appropriate line
- Line dried